If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
-Armstrong, Kathleen; Kimonis, Eva R., Parent–Child Interaction Therapy for the Treatment of Asperger’s Disorder in Early Childhood: A Case Study, Clinical Case Studies. Feb2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p60-72. 13p.
- Bellini, Scott, Akullian, Jennifer, & Andrea Hopf; Increasing social engagement in young children with autism spectrum disorders using video self-modeling; School Psychology Review; 2007; Vol. 36; Issue 1.
- Burdon, Laura & Geoff Dickens; Asperger syndrome and offending behaviour; Learning Disability Practice; Nov 2009; Vol. 12; Issue 9; p 14
- Carrington, Suzanne, Templeton, Elizabeth, & Tracey Papinczak; Adolescents with asperger syndrome and perceptions of friendship; Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities; Winter 2003; Vol. 18; Issue 4.
- DiSalvo, Carla & Donald Oswald; Peer-Mediated interventions to increase the social interaction of children with autism; Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities; Winter 2002; Vol. 17; Issue 4.
- Dunn, Winnie, Saiter, Jessica & Louann Rinner; Asperger syndrome and sensory processing; a conceptual model and guidance for intervention planning; Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities; Fall 2002; Vol. 17, Issue 3.
- Kagohara, Debora; Achmadi, Donna; Meer, Larah; Lancioni, Giulio; O'Reilly, Mark; Lang, Russell; Marschik, Peter; Sutherland, Dean; Ramdoss, Sathiyaprakash; Green, Vanessa; Sigafoos, Jeff. Teaching Two Students with Asperger Syndrome to Greet Adults Using Social Stories and Video Modeling. Journal of Developmental & Physical Disabilities. Apr2013, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p241-251. 11p. DOI: 10.1007/s10882-012-9300-6.
-Kuusikko-Gauffin, Sanna; Pollock-Wurman, Rachel; Mattila, Marja-Leena; Jussila, Katja; Ebeling, Hanna; Pauls, David; Moilanen, Irma. Social Anxiety in Parents of High-Functioning Children with Autism and Asperger Syndrome. Journal of Autism & Developmental Disorders. Mar2013, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p521-529. 9p. 2 Charts, 2 Graphs. DOI: 10.1007/s10803-012-1581-1
- Mirenda, Pat; Autism, augmentative communication, and assistive technology: what do we really know?; Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities; Fall 2001; Vol. 16; Issue 3.
- Oren, Shtavermman; An Exploratory Study of the Stigma Associated With a Diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome: The Mental Health Impact on the Adolescents and Young Adults Diagnosed With a Disability With a Social Nature; journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment; July 2009; Vol. 19; Issue 3; p 298
- Park, Subin; Park, Min-Hyeon; Kim, Hyo; Yoo, Hee. Anxiety and Depression Symptoms in Children with Asperger Syndrome Compared with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Depressive Disorder. Journal of Child & Family Studies. May2013, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p559-568. 10p. 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1007/s10826-012-9611-3.
- Powers, Michael D. Psy.D. and Jane Poland. Asperger Syndrome and Your Child: A Parent’s Guide. HarperCollins: New York. 2002.
- Rogers, Mary, Frnaey, Myles, & Brenda Smith; Using social stories and comic strip conversations to interpret social situations for an adolescent with asperger syndrome; Intervention in School & Clinic; May 2001; Vol. 36; Issue 5.
- Roud, Paul. Asperger's Syndrome: The Hidden Disability. Education Digest. Apr2013, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p39-44. 6p.
- Ruta, Liliana, Mugno, Diego, D’Arrigo, Valentina, Vitiello, Benedetto, & Luigi Mazzone; Obsessive-compulsive traits in children and adolescents with Asperger syndrome; European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Jan 2010; Vol. 19; Issue 1; p 17
- Tavano, Alessandro; Pesarin, Anna; Murino, Vittorio; Cristani, Marco. Automatic Conversational Scene Analysis in Children with Asperger Syndrome/High-Functioning Autism and Typically Developing Peers. PLoS ONE. Jan2014, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1-9. 9p. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0085819.