If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc. 1-800-622-2255
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Treatment Referral Helpline
24 Hours English and Spanish
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK
- American Council on Alcoholism
- Recovery Connection 24 Hour Hotline 800-993-3869
- Angres, Daniel; Bologeorges, Stephanie; Chou, Jessica. A Two Year Longitudinal Outcome Study of Addicted Health Care Professionals: An Investigation of the Role of Personality Variables. Substance Abuse: Research & Treatment. 2013, Issue 7, p49-60. 12p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.4137/SART.S10556.
- A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Publishers Weekly. 4/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 16, p73-73.
- Baki, Roselan; Eow Yee Leng; Wan Zah Wan Ali; Rasnaini Mohmud; and Mohd. Sahandri Gani Hamzah. The perspective of six Malaysian Students on plying video games: Beneficial or detrimental? US-China Education Review, Nov. 2008, Vol 5, p 11-21.
- Barber, James G. and Robyn Gilbertson; “Unilateral Interventions for Women Living with Heavy Drinkers”; Social Work; Jan97, Vol. 42 Issue 1; p69-78.
- Beattie, Melody; Beyond Codependency and Getting Better All the Time; Hazelden: Minnesota; 1989
- Beattie, Melody; Codependent No More; Hazelden: Minnesota; 1992
- Becker, Sara J. Adolescent substance abuse: National trends, consequences, and promising treatments. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p1-7. 3p.
- Copello, Alex et al; “Methods for reducing alcohol and drug related family harm in non-specialist settings”; Journal of Mental Health; Jun2000, Vol. 9 Issue 3; p329-343
- Fals-Stewart, William; Lam, Wendy (K.K.); Kelley, Michelle L; Learning sobriety together: behavioural couples therapy for alcoholism and drug abuse; Journal of Family Therapy, May 2009, Vol 31 Issue 2, p115
-Gifford, Elizabeth V.; Tavakoli, Sara; Wang, Ruey; Hagedorn, Hildi J.; Hamlett-Berry, Kim W. Tobacco dependence diagnosis and treatment in Veterans Health Administration residential substance use disorder treatment programs. Addiction. Jun2013, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p1127-1135. 9p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/add.12105.
- Halford, W. Kim et al; “Helping The Female Partners Of Men Abusing Alcohol: A Comparison Of Three Treatments”; Addiction; October 2001; Vol.96 Issue 10; p1497-1508.
- Hall, Lindsey and Leigh Cohn; Self-Esteem: Tools for Recovery; Gűrze Books: California; 1990
- Hayes, Eric J. Playing it Safe: Avoiding Online Gaming Risk. US-CERT, 2008, p 1-8
- Hoder, Randye. Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking Time.com. 10/25/2013, p1-1.
- Hogan, Diane M, “Parenting Beliefs and Practices of Opiate-Addicted Parents: Concealment and Taboo”; European Addiction Research, 2003 Vol, 9 Issue 3, p113-119
- Hohman, Melinda M. and Rick L. Butt; “How Soon Is Too Soon? Addiction Recovery And Family Reunification”; Child Welfare; Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p53
- How to Spot Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens: Guide for Parents. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013 Supplement, Vol. 29, p1-2.
- Jay, Debra; No More Letting Go; Bantam Books: New York; 2006
- Johnson, David, Reaching Out: Interpersonal Effectiveness and Self-Actualization; Prentice-Hall, Inc: New Jersey 1972
- Lease, Suzanne H.; “A Model of Depression in Adult Children of Alcoholics and Nonalcoholics”; Journal of Counseling & Development; Fall 2002, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p441
- McKeganey, Neil, Maria Barnard, and James McIntosh; “Paying The Price For Their Parent’s Addiction: Meeting The Needs Of The Children Of Drug-Using Parents”, Drugs: Education, Prevention, & Policy; Aug 2002 Vol 9 Issue 3, p233-246
- Mueser, Kim T.; Glynn, Shirley M.; Cather, Corinne; Zarate, Roberto; Fox, Lindy; Feldman, James; Wolfe, Rosemarie; Clark, Robin E.; Family intervention for co-occurring substance use and severe psychiatric disorders: Participant characteristics and correlates of initial engagement and more extended exposure in a randomized controlled trial; Addictive Behaviors, October 2009, Vol 34 Issue 10, p867
- Newhouse, Eric; Alcohol: Cradle to Grave; Hazelden: Minnesota; 2001
- Nutt, David. Addiction: lifestyle choice or medical diagnosis? Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. Jun2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p493-496. 4p. DOI: 10.1111/jep.12045
- Reingle Gonzalez, Jennifer M.; Connell, Nadine M.; Businelle, Michael S.; Jennings, Wesley G.; Chartier, Karen G. Characteristics of adults involved in alcohol-related intimate partner violence: results from a nationally representative sample. BMC Public Health. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p193-206. 14p. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-466.
- Richardson, Cheryl; Stand Up for Your Life; The Free Press: New York; 2002
- Russo, Francine. Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com. 11/15/2013, p1-1.
- Smith, Julianne. Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal. 5/15/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p61-61.
- Tighe M.S., Allen A; Stop the Chaos: How to Get Control of Your Life by Beating Alcohol & Drugs; Hazelden: Minnesota; 1999
- Thompson, Sanna J.; Bender, Kimberly; Windsor, Liliane C.; Flynn, Patrick M; Keeping Families Engaged: The Effects of Home-Based Family Therapy Enhanced with Experiential Activities; Social Work Research, June 2009, Vol 33 Issue 2, p121
- Werner, Mark J., Alain Joffe, and Antonette V. Graham; “Screening, Early Identification, and Office-based Intervention with Children and Youth Living in Substance-abusing Families”; Pediatrics; May99 Vol. 103 Issue5, p1099