If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Abramson, M. Reflections on knowing oneself ethically: Toward a working framework for social work practice. Families in Society, 1996a, 77(4), 195-202.
- Arredondo, Patricia et al..; Operationalism of the multicultural counseling competencies; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Jan 1996; Vol. 24, Issue 1.
- Atkinson, D.R., Morten, G., & Sue, D. W. Counseling American Minorities: A Cross-Cultural Perspective. Dubuque, Iowa: W.C. Brown, 1979.
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p111-119.
- Burton, Stephen; Furr, Susan. Conflict in Multicultural Classes: Approaches to Resolving Difficult Dialogues. Counselor Education & Supervision. Jun2014, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p97-110.
- Canfield, Brian S., Low, Lor., and Hovestadt, Alan; Cultural Immersion as a Learning Method for Expanding Intercultural Competencies; Family Journal; 2009-10; Vol. 17, Issue 4.
- Carter, Les & Minirth, Frank. The Anger Workbook. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers. 1993.
- Chao, Ruth Chu-Lien. Race/Ethnicity and Multicultural Competence Among School Counselors: Multicultural Training, Racial/Ethnic Identity, and Color-Blind Racial Attitudes. Journal of Counseling & Development. Apr2013, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p140-151.
- Collins, B.E. Social Psychology. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley, 1970.
- Gilbert C. Gee, PhD, Katrina M. Walsemann, PhD, MPH, and Elizabeth Brondolo, PhD; A Life Course Perspective on How Racism May Be Related to Health Inequities; THE SCIENCE OF RESEARCH ON RACIAL/ETHNIC DISCRIMINATION AND HEALTH; American Journal of Public Health|May 2012, Vol 102, No. 5; p1-8.
- Hanna, Fred J.; Cardona, Betty. Multicultural Counseling Beyond the Relationship: Expanding the Repertoire With Techniques. Journal of Counseling & Development. Jul2013, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p349-357.
- Hansen, James T.; Counseling and Psychoanalysis: Advancing the Value of Diversity; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; 2010-01; Vol. 38, Issue 1.
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p296-309.
- Herring, Roger D.; Developing biracial ethnic identity: a review of the increasing dilemma ; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Jan 1995, Vol. 23. Issue 1.
- Ivey, A., & Authier, J. Microcounseling. Springfield, Ill.: Charles C. Thomas, 1978.
- Johnson, Jennifer M.; Lambie, Glenn W. Ethnic Identity and Social-Cognitive Maturity in a Multicultural Group Experience. Counselor Education & Supervision. Sep2013, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p193-206.
- Kagnici, Dilek Yelda. Reflections of a Multicultural Counseling Course: A Qualitative Study with Counseling Students and Counselors. Educational Sciences: Theory & Practice. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p53-62.
- Kangas, Julie L.; Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p76-83.
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical decisions for social work practice. Itasca, Illinois: F.E. Peacock., 2000.
- Moe, Cathrine; Kvig, Erling I; Brinchmann, Beate; Brinchmann, Berit S. Working behind the scenes’ An ethical view of mental health nursing and first-episode psychosis. Nursing Ethics. Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p517-527.
- Poston, Carlos, Craine, Micael, & Donald Atkinson; Counselor dissimilarity confrontation, client cultural mistrust, and willingness to self-disclose; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Apr 1991, Vol. 19, Issue 2.
- Reamer, F. G. The social work ethics audit: A risk-management strategy. Social Work, 2000, 45(4), 355-366. .
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention, 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Values and Ethics, 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics, 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethics Education in Social Work (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
- Roaten, Gail K.and Schmidt, Eric A.; Using Experiential Activities with Adolescents to Promote Respect for Diversity; Professional School Counseling; 2009-04; Vol. 12, Issue 4.
- Rothstein, Mark A., Tarasoff Duties after Newtown, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104-109.
- Salzman, Michael; Attributional discrepancies and bias in cross-cultural interactions; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Jul 1995; Vol. 23. Issue 3.
- Schmedinghoff, G.J. Counseling the Black student in higher education. Is it racial, socioeconomic, or human question? Journal of College Student Personnel, 1977,472-477.
- Sciarra, Daniel T..; Intrafamilial separations in the immigrant family: implications for cross-cultural counseling, Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Jan 1999; Vol. 27. Issue 1.
- Seligman, M.E.P. Helplessness: On Depression, Development, and Death. San Francisco: Freeman, 1975.
- Sue, Derald Wing. “Counseling the Culturally Different: Theory and Practice.” John Wiley & Sons. New York. 1981
- The CDM Group, Inc ., under the Knowledge Application Program (KAP) contract numbers 270-99-7072, 270-04-7049, and 270-09-0307 with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), U.S. Department of
Health and Human Services (HHS). Andrea Kopstein, Ph.D., M.P.H., Karl D. White, Ed.D., and Christina Currier served as the Contracting Officer ’s Representatives.; HHS Publication No. (SMA) 14-4849 First Printed 2014, p1-340
- The Lewin Group, Inc; Karen W. Linkins, Ph.D.Sharrie McIntosh, MHA; Johanna Bell; Umi Chong, MBE; Indicators of Cultural Competence in Health Care Delivery Organizations: An Organizational Cultural Competence Assessment Profile; The Health Resources and Services Administration. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; April 2002, p1-23.
- Vontress, Clemmont; A personal retrospective on cross-cultural counseling; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Jul 1996; Vol. 24, Issue 3.
- Vontress, C. E. Racial and ethnic barriers in counseling. In P. Pedersen, W.J. Lonner, & J.G. Draguns (Eds.), Counseling Across Cultures. Honolulu: East-West Center, 1976.
- Westwood, Marvin, Ishiyama, F.; The Communication Process as a Critical Intervention for Client Change in Cross-Cultural Counseling; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Oct 1990; Vol. 18, Issue 4.
- Yeh, CJ, Arora AK, Inose M, Okubo Y, Li RH, & P. Greene, The cultural adjustment and mental health of Japanese immigrant youth, Adolescence, Fall 2003, Vol. 38, Issue 151.