If you would like additional information on this topic,
ABOVE are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library.
- Bastaits, Kim, Koen Ponnet, and Dimitri Mortelmans. Parenting of Divorced Fathers and the Association with Children's Self-Esteem. Journal of Youth & Adolescence 41.12 (2012): 1643-656. Academic Search Complete. Web.
- Cahill, Helen Associate Professor, Beadle, Sally, Farrelly, Anne, Forster, Ruth, and Smith, Kylie Dr. Building resilience in children and young people. A Literature Review for the Department of Education and
Early Childhood Development (DEECD). Youth Research Centre, Melbourne Graduate School of Education. University of Melbourne.
- Cai, Huajian; Wu, Mingzheng; Luo, Yu L. L.; Yang, Jing. Implicit Self-Esteem Decreases in Adolescence: A Cross-Sectional Study. PLoS ONE. Feb2014, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1-5.
- Chang, Ph.D., Edward C. Self-Criticism and Self-Enhancement: Theory, Research, and Clinical Implications. American Psychological Association, 2008.
- Cummings, Jorden A., Adele M. Hayes, LeeAnn Cardaciotto and Cory F. Newman. The Dynamics of Self-Esteem in Cognitive Therapy for Avoidant and Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorders: An Adaptive Role of Self-Esteem Variability. National Institute of Health, January 1, 2013, p1-16.
- Division of Injury Prevention and Control. Resiliency Building Activities for Children. North Dakota Department of Health.
- Dobson, Ph.D., Keith S.; Pamela A. Hays, PhD, and Amy Wenzel, PhD, ABPP. Cognitive Restructuring of Automatic Thoughts. American Psychological Association, 2015.
- Filippin, Antonio, and Marco Paccagnella. Family Background, Self-Confidence and Economic Outcomes. Economics of Education Review 31.5 (2012): 824-34. ERIC. Web.
- Frey, Diane; C. Jesse Carlock. Practical Techniques For Enhancing Self-Esteem. Accelerated Development Inc., 1991, 154p. The Horwitz Mantras are found in this article.
- Gregory, Robert J., and Georgian T. Mustata. Magical Thinking in Narratives of Adolescent Cutters. Journal of Adolescence 35 (2012): 1045-051. ERIC. Web.
- Horwitz Mantras are found in the following article. Frey, Diane; C. Jesse Carlock. Practical Techniques For Enhancing Self-Esteem. Accelerated Development Inc., 1991 154p.
- Importance and Usefulness of Evaluating Self-esteem in Children. BioPsychoSocial Medicine 6.1 (2012): 9-14. Academic Search Complete. Web.
- Jordan, Christian H.; Logel, Christine; Spencer, Steven J.; Zanna, Mark P.; Wood, Joanne V.; Holmes, John G. Responsive Low Self-Esteem: Low Explicit Self-Esteem, Implicit Self-Esteem, and Reactions to Performance Outcomes. Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology. Sep2013, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p703-732.
- Kashdan, Todd B.; DeWall, C. Nathan; Masten, Carrie L.; Pond Jr, Richard S.; Powell, Caitlin; Combs, David; Schurtz, David R.; Farmer, Antonina S. Who Is Most Vulnerable to Social Rejection? The Toxic Combination of Low Self-Esteem and Lack of Negative Emotion Differentiation on Neural Responses to Rejection. PLoS ONE. Mar2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p1-8.
- Lee, Catherine; Dickson, Daniel A.; Conley, Colleen S.; Holmbeck, Grayson N. A Closer Look at Self-Esteem, Perceived Social Support, and Coping Strategy: A Prospective Study of Depressive Symptomatology Across the Transition to College. Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology. Jun2014, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p560-585.
- Lee, Jong-Sun, Eun-Jeong Joo, and Kyeong-Sook Choi. Perceived Stress and Self-esteem Mediate the Effects of Work-related Stress on Depression. Stress & Health: Journal of the International Society for the Investigation of Stress 29.1 (2013): 75-81. Academic Search Complete. Web.
-McKay, Matthew ; Patrick Fanning. Self-Esteem: A Proven Program of Cognitive Techniques for Assessing, Improving, and Maintaining Your Self-Esteem. New Harbinger Publications, Inc., August 2016.
- Newman, Tony. Promoting Resilience: A Review of Effective Strategies for Child Care Services. Centre for Evidence-Based Social Services, University of Exeter. 2002.
- Orth, Ulrich, Kali H. Trzesniewski, and Richard W. Robins. Self-Esteem Development From Young Adulthood to Old Age: A Cohort-Sequential Longitudinal Study. Journal of Personality & Social Psychology 98.4 (2010): 645-58. Academic Search Complete. Web.
- Sharma, Mamta; Jagdev, Tanmeet. Use of Music Therapy for Enhancing Self-Esteem among Academically Stressed Adolescents. Pakistan Journal of Psychological Research. 2012, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p53-64. 12p.
- Sharma, Shraddha; Agarwala, Surila. Contribution of Self-Esteem and Collective Self-Esteem in Predicting Depression. Psychological Thought. 2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p117-123.
- Tan, Tony Xing, and Brittany Jordan-Arthur. Adopted Chinese Girls Come of Age: Feelings about Adoption, Ethnic Identity, Academic Functioning, and Global Self-esteem. Children & Youth Services Review 34.8 (2012): 1500-508. Academic Search Complete. Web.
- Tao, Ran, Shen Zhang, Qi Li, and Haiyan Geng. Modulation of Self-Esteem in Self- and Other-Evaluations Primed by Subliminal and Supraliminal Faces. PLoS ONE 7.10 (2012): 1-6. Academic Search Complete. Web.
- Waite, Polly; McManus, Freda; Shafran, Roz. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Low Self-Esteem: A Preliminary Randomized Controlled Trial in a Primary Care Setting. Journal of Behavior Therapy & Experimental Psychiatry. Dec2012, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p1049-1057. 9p.
- Wong, Martin C. S., Tony C. M. Lau, and Albert Lee. The Impact of Leadership Programme on Self-Esteem and Self-Efficacy in School: A Randomized Controlled Trial. PLoS ONE 7.12 (2012): 1-6. Academic Search Complete. Web.
- Wubbolding, EdD, Robert E. Reality Therapy Theories of Psychotherapy Series. American Psychology Association, 2012.
- Author/Instructor: Tracy Catherine Appleton, LCSW, MEd, CE Program Administrator, Course Development Coordinator