|Sponsored by the HealthcareTrainingInstitute.org providing Quality Education since 1979|
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Angres, Daniel; Bologeorges, Stephanie; Chou, Jessica. A Two Year Longitudinal Outcome Study of Addicted Health Care Professionals: An Investigation of the Role of Personality Variables. Substance Abuse: Research & Treatment. 2013, Issue 7, p49-60. 12p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.4137/SART.S10556.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Smoking and Pregnancy. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. 2014.
- Connecticut Department of Public Health. Fact Sheet: Pregnancy and Smoking. 2008.
- Girard, Benoit; Turcotte, Vincent; Bouchard, Stéphane; Girard, Bruno; Crushing Virtual Cigarettes Reduces Tobacco Addiction and Treatment Discontinuation; October 2009, Vol 12 Issue 5, p477
- Hall, Sharon M et al; Treatment for Cigarette Smoking Among Depressed Mental Health Outpatients: A Randomized Clinical Trial; American Journal of Public Health; Oct2006; Vol. 96 Issue 10
- Lewis, Paul C.; Tobacco: What Is It and Why Do People Continue to Use It?; Dermatology Nursing, March 2009, Vol 21 Issue 2, p88
- Lundqvist, Gunnar; Weinehall, Lars, and íhman, Ann; Attitudes And Barriers Towards Smoking Cessation Among Middle Aged And Elderly Women: A Qualitative Study In Family Practice; Internet Journal of Health; 2007; Vol. 5 Issue 2
- Okoli, Chizimuzo T.C.; Richardson, Chris G.; Ratner, Pamela A.; Johnson, Joy L.; Non-smoking youths’ "perceived" addiction to tobacco is associated with their susceptibility to future smoking; Addictive Behaviors, December 2009, Vol 34 Issue 12, p1010
- Szapocznik, José, Ph.D.;Olga Hervis, M.S.W., L.C.S.W.;Seth Schwartz, Ph.D. Therapy Manuals for Drug Addiction. National Institutes of Health, August 2003, p1-68.
- Singleton, Mary G and Mark Pope; A Comparison of Successful Smoking Cessation Interventions for Adults and Adolescents; Journal of Counseling & Development; Fall 2000; Vol. 78 Issue 4
Others who bought this Addictions/Substance Abuse Course
Booklet for this course | Addictions
Forward to Section 22
Back to Section 20
Table of Contents
Denial is a psychological defense wherein a person refuses to accept a reality that changes their view of themselves, and it is the number one obstacle to addiction recovery. Addiction denial isn’t just the refusal to recognize that there is any problem at all, it is any lie, omission, justification, exaggeration, or other kind of ...
The post 5 Reasons to Stop Your Addiction Denial & Improve Your Life appeared first on Addictions.
Every day, more than 140 people in the U.S. die from an opioid overdose. This means that every three weeks, America suffers a death toll equal to that caused by September 11th. The U.S. remains in the midst of a serious opioid epidemic that continues to worsen every year, and that caused over 59,000 deaths ...
The post What Does a State of Emergency Mean for the Opioid Epidemic? appeared first on Addictions.
The 2015 National Survey on Drug Use and Health found that 38% of Americans—that’s almost 92 million people—used prescription opioids in the previous year. Eleven and a half million of these individuals misused these painkilling drugs, and 1.9 million of them had a painkiller addiction. Misuse is defined as taking a medication that has not ...
The post Better Pain Management Will Remove Painkiller Addiction appeared first on Addictions.
What causes addiction? Can you become addicted to drugs after just one use, or is addiction passed down through our genes? There are roughly 22.7 million Americans who suffer from substance use disorders, but not all cases can be traced back to just one cause. In reality, there are countless reasons a person might suffer ...
The post Discover What Causes Addiction in Our Society appeared first on Addictions.
Over 88,000 die each year due to alcohol related fatalities, which is more than all of the opioid overdose fatalities put together. If the United States is facing an opioid addiction crisis, then there is no question that we are also facing an alcohol addiction crisis. Excessive alcohol use cost the United States 249 billion ...
The post Alcohol Statistics: Alcoholism Rates are Soaring in America appeared first on Addictions.
CEU Continuing Education for
Counselor CEUs, Social Worker CEUs, Psychology CEUs, MFT CEUs