- Branstetter, Steven A.; Horn, Kimberly; Dino, Geri; Zhang, Jianjun; Beyond quitting: Predictors of teen smoking cessation, reduction and acceleration following a school-based intervention; Drug & Alcohol Dependence, January 2009, Vol 99, Issues 1-3
- Coker, Kelly, Four-Fold Prevention: Strategies to Prevent Substance Abuse Among Elementary School-Aged Children; Professional School Counseling; Oct 2001; Vol. 5; Issue 1.
- Cooke, Liz; Gotto, Jennifer; Mayorga, Lina; Grant, Marcia; Lynn, Rachel. What Do I Say? Suicide Assessment and Management. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing. Feb2013, Vol. 17 Issue 1, pE1-E7.
- Curry, Susan J.; Mermeistein, Robin J.; Sporer, Amy K; Therapy for Specific Problems: Youth Tobacco Cessation; Annual Review of Psychology, 2009, Vol 60, Issue 1
- Deuter, Kate; Galley, Philip; Champion, Andrew; Gordon, Andrea; Halczuk, Tony; Jackson, Adrian; Jones, Annette; Legg, Lesley; Murison, Julie; Newman, Conrad; Procter, Nicholas; Williamson, Penny. Risk assessment and risk management: Developing a model of shared learning in clinical practice. Advances in Mental Health. 2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p157-162.
- Finn, Kristin, Willert, Jeanette & Michele Marable; Substance Abuse in Schools; Educational Leadership; Mar 2003, Vol. 60,Issue 6.
- Herrmann, Scott & Jeffries McWhirter, Refusal and Resistance Skills for Children and Adolescents: A Selected Review, Journal of Counseling & Development, Jan/Feb 1997, Vol. 75, Issue 3.
- Jordan, Karen M., Substance Abuse Among Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning Adolescents, School Psychology Review, 2000, Vol. 29, Issue 2.
- Kruczek, Theresa, Alexander, Charlene, & Kevin Harris, An After-School Program for High-Risk Middle School Students, Professional School Counseling, Dec 2005, Vol. 9, Issue 2.
- Lambie, Glenn & Laurie Rokutani, Systems Approach to Substance Abuse Identification and Intervention for School Counselors, Professional School Counseling, Jun 2002, Vol. 5, Issue 5.
- Maman, Suzanne; Moodley, Dhayendre; McNaughton-Reyes, Heathe Luz; Groves, Allison K.; Kagee, Ashraf; Moodley, Prashini. Efficacy of Enhanced HIV Counseling for Risk Reduction during Pregnancy and in the Postpartum Period: A Randomized Controlled Trial. PLoS ONE. May2014, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p1-9.
- Park, Sunhee; Weaver, Terri E.; Romer, Daniel; Predictors of the Transition From Experimental to Daily Smoking Among Adolescents in the United States; Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing, April 2009, Vol 14, Issue 2
- Polcin, Douglas; Comprehensive Model for Adolescent Chemical Dependency Treatment; Journal of Counseling & Development, Jan/Feb 1992, Vol. 70, Issue 3.
- Schaefer, Dick; Choices & Consequences: What to Do When a Teenager Uses Alcohol/Drugs; Johnson Institute/Hazelden: Minnesota; 1987.
- Schmidt, John, Substance Abuse Prevention and Intervention: An Expanded Perspective for Counselors, Journal of Counseling & Development, May/Jun 1994, Vol. 72, Issue 5.
-Stewart, David & Sandra Brown, Withdrawal and Dependency Symptoms Among Adolescent Alcohol and Drug Abusers, Addiction, May 1995, Vol. 90, Issue 5.
- Tighe MS, Allen A; Stop the Chaos: How to Get Control of Your Life by Beating Alcohol & Drugs; Hazelden: Minnesota; 1999.
- Tubman, Jonathan G., Wagner, Eric F., Gil, Andres, & Kerensa Pate; Brief Motivational Intervention for Substance-Abusing Delinquent Adolescents:Guided Self-Change as a Social Work Practice Innovation; Health & Social Work; Aug2002; Vol. 27;Issue 3.
- Winters, Ken; The Need for Improved Assessment of Adolescent Substance Involvement; Journal of Drug Issues, Summer 1990, Vol. 20, Issue 3.
- Backer, Kathleen Lent, Walton-Moss, Benita; Detecting and Addressing Alcohol Abuse in Women; Nurse Practitioner; Oct2001; Vol. 26, Issue 10.
-Brown, Phyllida; Drinking for two?; New Scientist; 7/1/2006; Vol. 191, Issue 2558
- Burden, Matthew J.; Andrew, Colin; Saint-Amour, Dave; Meintjes, Ernesta M.; Molteno, Christopher D.; Hoyme, H. Eugene; Robinson, Luther K.; Khaole, Nathaniel; Nelson, Charles A.; Jacobson, Joseph L.; Jacobson, Sandra W; The Effects of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome on Response Execution and Inhibition: An Event-Related Potential Study; Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research; November2009; Vol 33, Issue 11
- Chandrasena, Amali N.; Mukherjee, Raja A. S.; Turk, Jeremy; Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders: An Overview of Interventions for Affected Individuals; Child & Adolescent Mental Health; November 2009, Vol 14, Issue 4
-Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorders; Pediatrics; Aug2000; Vol. 106, Issue 2
- Harpur, Lisa; FASD Teens in the Classroom: Basic Strategies; Guidance & Counseling; Fall2001; Vol. 17, Issue 1
- Interviewing Technique Reduces Risk for Binge Drinking, Unplanned Pregnancies; Ascribe Newswire: Health, 1/2/2007
- Lemola, Sakari; Stadlmayr, Werner; Grob, Alexander; Infant irritability: The impact of fetal alcohol exposure, maternal depressive symptoms, and low emotional support from the husband; Infant Mental Health Journal, February 2009, Vol 30 Issue 1
- McLean, Candis; The Fetal Alcohol Crisis; Report/Newsmagazine (BC Edition); 2000; Vol. 27, Issue 10.
- Motivational Intervention to Reduce Alcohol-Exposed Pregnancies --- Florida, Texas, and Virginia, 1997-2001; MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report; 5/16/2003; Vol. 52, Issue 19
- O'Malley, Kieran D, Nanson, Jo; Clinical Implications of a Link Between Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry; May2002, Vol. 47, Issue 4
- Prenatal Exposure to Alcohol; Alcohol Research & Health; 2000; Vol. 24, Issue 1
- Ryan, Doreen Major, Bonnett, Doreen M., Gass, Callie B.; Sobering Thoughts: Town Hall Meetings on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders; American Journal of Public Health; Dec2006; Vol. 96, Issue 12
- Bloom, Adi; Self-harm makes its mark on pre-teens; Times Educational Supplement, September 2009, Issue 4821, p38
- Campbell, Jacquelyn PhD, Assessing Dangerousness, Sage Publications: London, 1999.
- Committee on Child Psychiatry, The Process of Child Therapy, Brunner/Mazel Publishers: New York, 1997.
- Conterio, Karen PhD, & Wendy Lader, Bodily Harm: The Breakthrough Treatment Program for Self-Injurers, Hyperion: New York, 1998.
- Hewitt, Kim PhD, Mutilating the Body: Identity in Blood and Ink, Bowling Green State University Popular Press: Bowling Green, 1997.
- Johnson, Elmer MA, Correlates of Felon Self-Mutilations, Heckman Bindery: Manchester, 1997.
- Matwichuk, Meghann R.; Cut-Up Kids: The Epidemic of Self-Harm; School Library Journal, September 2009, Vol 55 Issue 9, p56
- Monahan, John PhD, Predicting Violent Behavior: An Assessment of Clinical Techniques, Sage Publications: London, 2001.
- Preisendorfer, Cheryl; Stopping the Pain: Teenage Self-Injury; School Library Journal, December 2009, Vol 55 Issue 12, p59
- Schroeder, Stephen PhD, Oster-Granite, Mary PhD, & Travis Thompson, Self-Injurious Behavior, American Psychological Association: Washington DC, 2002.
- Hatton, Corrine PhD, Valente, Sharon, Rink, Alice, & Edwin Shneidman, Suicide: Assessment and Intervention, Appleton-Century-Crofts: New York,
- Hipple, John MA, & Peter Cimbolic, The Counselor
and Suicidal Crisis: Diagnosis and Intervention, Thomas Books, Inc.: Springfield,
- Kubrin, Charis E.; Wadsworth, Tim; Explaining Suicide Among Blacks and Whites: How Socioeconomic Factors and Gun Availability Affect Race-Specific Suicide Rates; Social Science Quarterly (Blackwell Publishing Limited), December 2009, Vol 90 Issue 5, p1203
- Leenaars, Antoon A. PhD, Psychotherapy with Suicidal
People: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.: West Sussex, 2004.
Leenaars, Antoon PhD, Maltsberger, John T., & Robert A. Neimeyer, Treatment
of Suicidal People, Taylor & Francis: London, 1998.
- Parker, Jamie, Risk Management in the United States, Division of Risk Management, Food and Drug Administration, 2013.
-Moeller-Leimkuehler, A.M.; Yuecel, M., How gender-specific is male depression?; European Psychiatry, January 2009, Vol 24, pS182.
Richman, Joseph PhD, Family Therapy for Suicidal People, Springer Publishing
Company: New York, 1999.
- Shneidman, Edwin S. PhD, Comprehending
Suicide: Landmarks in 20th~Century Suicidology, American Psychological Association:
Washington DC, 2001.
- Shneidman, Edwin PhD, The Suicidal
Mind, Oxford University Press: New York, 2001.
- Stone R. (2015). Pregnant women and substance use: fear, stigma, and barriers to care. Health & Justice, 3, 2. doi:10.1186/s40352-015-0015-5.
- Suicide Risk Assesment Guide. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, 2018.
- Williams, John K.; Glover, Dorie A.; Wyatt, Gall E.; Kisler, Kimberly; Liu, Honghu; Zhang, Muyu. A Sexual Risk and Stress Reduction Intervention Designed for HIV-Positive Bisexual African American Men With Childhood Sexual Abuse Histories. American Journal of Public Health. Aug2013, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p1476-1484.
- Yeandle, Jane; Fawkes, Liz; Gordon, Chris; Challis, Elizabeth. Risk assessment and management of people with personality disorders. Mental Health Practice. Oct2013, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p21-23.