Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Brewin, C. R. (2014). Prospects and problems in studying traumatic flashbacks: Reply to Kvavilashvili (2014). Psychological Bulletin, 140(1), 105–108.
Coe, W. C., Kobayashi, K., & Howard, M. L. (1973). Experimental and ethical problems of evaluating the influence of hypnosis in antisocial conduct. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 82(3), 476–482.
Cucco, E. (2020). Who’s afraid of the big bad unconscious: Working with countertransference in training. Journal of Psychotherapy Integration, 30(1), 52–59.
Dayan, J., & Minnes, P. (1995). Ethical issues related to the use of facilitated communication techniques with persons with autism. Canadian Psychology/Psychologie canadienne, 36(3), 183–189.
Ellis, L. A. (2016). Qualitative changes in recurrent PTSD nightmares after focusing-oriented dreamwork. Dreaming, 26(3), 185–201.
Frewen, P. A., & Lanius, R. A. (2010). Non-idiographic emotional script-driven imagery in posttraumatic stress disorder: Impact of priming of episodic recall and self-referential processing. Zeitschrift für Psychologie/Journal of Psychology, 218(2), 89–95.
Guest, J. D., & Ohrt, J. H. (2018). Utilizing child-centered play therapy with children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder and endured trauma: A case example. International Journal of Play Therapy, 27(3), 157–165.
Hayes, J. A., Gelso, C. J., Goldberg, S., & Kivlighan, D. M. (2018). Countertransference management and effective psychotherapy: Meta-analytic findings. Psychotherapy, 55(4), 496–507.
Hayes, J. A., Gelso, C. J., & Hummel, A. M. (2011). Managing countertransference. Psychotherapy, 48(1), 88–97.
Kvavilashvili, L. (2014). Solving the mystery of intrusive flashbacks in posttraumatic stress disorder: Comment on Brewin (2014). Psychological Bulletin, 140(1), 98–104.
Macdonald, A., Pukay-Martin, N. D., Wagner, A. C., Fredman, S. J., & Monson, C. M. (2016). Cognitive–behavioral conjoint therapy for PTSD improves various PTSD symptoms and trauma-related cognitions: Results from a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Family Psychology, 30(1), 157–162.
Montgomery, G. H., Sucala, M., Dillon, M. J., & Schnur, J. B. (2018). Interest and attitudes about hypnosis in a large community sample. Psychology of Consciousness: Theory, Research, and Practice, 5(2), 212–220.
Mott, J. M., Galovski, T. E., Walsh, R. M., & Elwood, L. S. (2015). Change in trauma narratives and perceived recall ability over a course of cognitive processing therapy for PTSD. Traumatology, 21(1), 47–54.
O'Kearney, R., & Parry, L. (2014). Comparative physiological reactivity during script-driven recall in depression and posttraumatic stress disorder. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 123(3), 523–532.
Olson-Morrison, D. (2017). Integrative play therapy with adults with complex trauma: A developmentally-informed approach. International Journal of Play Therapy, 26(3), 172–183.
Parker, J. D., & Blackmore, S. J. (2002). Comparing the content of sleep paralysis and dream reports. Dreaming, 12(1), 45–59.
Quigley, S. P., Blevins, P. R., Cox, D. J., Brodhead, M. T., & Kim, S. Y. (2019). An evaluation of explicit ethical statements in telehealth research with individuals with autism spectrum disorder. Behavior Analysis: Research and Practice, 19(2), 123–135.
Robin, F., Bonamy, J., & Ménétrier, E. (2018). Hypnosis and false memories.Psychology of Consciousness: Theory, Research, and Practice, 5(4), 358–373.
Schredl, M. (2010). Reading books about dream interpretation: Gender differences. Dreaming, 20(4), 248–253.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. (2015, January 1). Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.aamft.org/iMIS15/AAMFT/Content/Legal_Ethics/Code_of_Ethics.aspx
- American Counseling Association. (2014). ACA Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/docs/ethics/2014-aca-code-of-ethics.pdf?sfvrsn=4
- American Psychological Association (APA). (2017, January 1). Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/ethics/code
- Bahraini, Nazanin H.; Brenner, Lisa A.; Harwood, Jeri E. F.; Homaifar, Beeta Y.; Ladley-O'Brien, Susan E.; Filley, Christopher M.; Kelly, James P.; Adler, Lawrence E., "Utility of the Trauma Symptom Inventory for the Assessment of Post-Traumatic Stress Symptoms in Veterans With a History of Psychological Trauma and/or Brain Injury, Military Medicine, Oct. 2009, Vol. 174, Issue 10, p 1005-1010
- Barker, R. L. (1998). Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC: NASW Press. Rankin, Mary, JD employed by the Healthcare Training Institute to research and write the article Evolution of Social Work Ethics. Edited by Tracy Appleton, LCSW. The reference Barker, Robert L. Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC NASW Press, 1998.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2018). Caring for Your Child’s Concussion, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. S.W. Washington, D.C., p. 1-4.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2018). CDC Pediatric TBI Guideline Checklist, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. S.W.Washington, D.C., p. 1.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2018). How Can I Help My Child Recover After a Concussion?, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. S.W. Washington, D.C., p. 1-4.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2018). Report to Congress: The Management of Traumatic Brain Injury in Children, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control; Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention. Atlanta, GA, p. 1-90.
-Chalsma, H.W., “The Chambers of Memory: PTSD
in the Life Stories of U.S. Vietnam Veterans”, Jason Aronson
Inc.: New Jersey, 1998.
- Geuze, Elbert; Vermetten, Eric; De Kloet, Carien S.; Hijman, Ron; Westenberg, Herman G. M., "Neuropsychological performance is related to current social and occupational functioning in veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder", Depression & Anxiety, 2009, Vol. 26, Issue 1, p 7-16
-Gonçalves, Raquel; Pedrozo, Ana Lúcia; Freire Coutinho, Evandro Silva; Figueira, Ivan; Ventura, Paula., Efficacy of Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy in the Treatment of PTSD: A Systematic Review., PLoS ONE. Dec2012, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p1-7. 7p.
- Herman M.D., Judith Lewis, “Trauma and Recover”,
Basic Books: New York, 1992.
- Loftus, Elizabeth PhD & Katherine Ketcham,
The Myth of Repressed Memory, University of Chicago Press: Chicago,
- Mason, Patience, “Recovering from the War:
A Woman’s Guide to Helping Your Vietnam Vet, Your Family,
and Yourself”, Penguin Books: New York, 1990.
- Matsakis, PhD, Aphrodite, “I Can’t
Get Over It: A Handbook for Trauma Survivors”, New Harbinger
Publications, Inc: California, 1992.
- National Association of Social Workers. (2017). NASW Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English
- National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. and Affiliates. (2016, October 7). NBCC Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.nbcc.org/Assets/Ethics/NBCCCodeofEthics.pdf
- National Center for PTSD. (February 2019). Novel interventions address comorbid symptoms of PTSD and TBI in Veterans, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. NW Washington DC, p. 1-4.
- Porterfield, Kay Marie, “Straight Talk About…
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder”, Facts on File: New York,
- Sayer, Nina A.; Friedemann-Sanchez, Greta; Spoont, Michele; Murdoch, Maureen; Parker, Louise E.; Chiros, Christine; Rosenheck, Robert, "A Qualitative Study of Determinants of PTSD Treatment Initiation in Veterans", Interpersonal & Biological Processes, Oct. 2009, Vol. 72, Issue 3, p 238- 265
- Schiraldi PhD, Glenn R., “The Post-Traumatic
Stress Disorder Sourcebook”, Lowell House: Los Angeles,
-Tran, Christy T.; Kuhn, Eric; Walser, Robyn D.; Drescher, Kent D., The Relationship between Religiosity, PTSD, and Depressive Symptoms in Veterans in PTSD Residential Treatment., Journal of Psychology & Theology. Winter2012, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p313-322. 10p. 2 Charts, 4 Graphs.