If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Adamski, Amy L.; Ryan, Mary E., Minimizing Female Bullying in Middle School Students through Anti-Bullying Programs, Online Submission. 2008 68 pp.
A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Publishers Weekly. 4/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 16, p73-73.
- Blair, Julie, Education Week, 2/5/2003, Vol. 22, Issue 21
- Braiker PhD, Harriet B.; Who’s Pulling Your Strings? McGraw-Hill: New York; 2004
- Burkhart, Kimberly; Knox, Michele; Brockmyer, Jeanne. Pilot Evaluation of the ACT Raising Safe Kids Program on Children's Bullying Behavior. Journal of Child & Family Studies. Oct2013, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p942-951. 10p.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2014). The Relationship Between Bullying and Suicide: What We Know and What it Means for Schools. National Center for Injury Prevention and Control.
- Cooper, Leigh; Nickerson, Amanda. Parent Retrospective Recollections of Bullying and Current Views, Concerns, and Strategies to Cope with Children's Bullying. Journal of Child & Family Studies. May2013, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p526-540. 15p. 1 Diagram, 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1007/s10826-012-9606-0.
- Chu, Jeff; You Wanna Take This Online?; Time; 8/8/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 6; p52
- Didden, Robert; Scholte, Ron H. J.; Korzilius, Hubert; de Moor, Jan M. H.; Vermeulen, Anne; O'Reilly, Mark; Lang, Russell; Lancioni, Giulio E.; Cyberbullying among students with intellectual and developmental disability in special education settings; Developmental Neurorehabilitation, June 2009, Vol 12 Issue 3, p146
- Furlong, Michael J., Morrison, Gale M., Greif, Jennifer L., School Psychology Review, 2003, Vol. 32, Issue 3
- Gillis, Charlie, Maclean's, 00249262, 1/9/2006, Vol. 119, Issue 2
- Gladden, R.M., Vivolo-Kantor, A.M., Hamburger, M.E., & Lumpkin, C.D. Bullying Surveillance Among Youths: Uniform Definitions for Public Health and Recommended Data Elements, Version 1.0. Atlanta, GA; National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and U.S. Department of Education; 2014.
- Harmon, Amy; Internet Gives Teenage Bullies Weapons to Wound from Afar; The New York Times; 8/26/2004
- Hazer PhD, Richard J.; Breaking the Cycle of Violence: Interventions for Bullying and Victimization; Taylor & Francis: Washington, D.C.; 1996
- Hinduja, Sameer Ph.D. and Justin W. Patchin, Ph.D., State Cyberbullying Laws: A Brief Review of State Cyberbullying Laws and Polies. Cyberbullying Research Center, January 2016, p 1-21.
- Hoder, Randye. Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking Time.com. 10/25/2013, p1-1.
- How to Spot Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens: Guide for Parents. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013 Supplement, Vol. 29, p1-2.
- Mckenna, Phil, New Scientist, 7/21/2007, Vol. 195, Issue 2613
- Meadows, Bob et al; The Web: The Bully’s New Playground; People; 3/14/2005; Vol. 63; Issue 10; p. 152
- Michael, Borel, Kathryn, Maclean's, 5/24/2004-5/31/2004, Vol. 117, Issue 21/22
- Migliaccio, Todd; Raskauskas, Juliana. Small-Scale Bullying Prevention Discussion Video for Classrooms: A Preliminary Evaluation. Children & Schools. apr2013, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p71-81. 11p.
- Paulson, Amanda; Internet Bullying; Christian Science Monitor; 12/30/2003
- Picker, Lauren, Good Housekeeping, Mar2006, Vol. 242, Issue 3
-Reeckman, Barbara; Cannard, Laine; Cyberbullying; Youth Studies Australia, June 2009, Vol 28 Issue 2, p41
- Russo, Francine. Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com. 11/15/2013, p1-1.
- Shetgiri, Rashmi; Lin, Hua; Avila, Rosa M.; Flores, Glenn. Parental Characteristics Associated With Bullying Perpetration in US Children Aged 10 to 17 Years. American Journal of Public Health. Dec2012, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p2280-2286. 7p. DOI: 10.2105/AJPH.2012.300725.
- Smith, Fran, Prevention, Sep2006, Vol. 58, Issue 9
- Smith, Julianne. Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal. 5/15/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p61-61.
- Snider, Michael and Kathryn Borel; Stalked by a Cyberbully; Maclean’s; 5/24/2004; Vol. 117; Issue 21/22; p. 76
- Snider, Michael; How to Cyberbully-Proof Your Kids; Maclean’s; 5/24/2004; Vol. 117; Issue 21/22; p. 77
-Stover, Del, Education Digest, Dec2006, Vol. 72, Issue 4
- Strom, Paris S., Strom, Robert D., Education Digest, 0013127X, Dec2005, Vol. 71, Issue 4
- VANDEBOSCH, HEIDI; VAN CLEEMPUT, KATRIEN; Cyberbullying among youngsters: profiles of bullies and victims; New Media & Society, December 2009, Vol 11 Issue 8, p1349
- Verlinden, Marina; Tiemeier, Henning; Veenstra, René; Mieloo, Cathelijne L.; Jansen, Wilma; Jaddoe, Vincent W. V.; Raat, Hein; Hofman, Albert; Verhulst, Frank C.; Jansen, Pauline W. Television viewing through ages 2-5 years and bullying involvement in early elementary school. BMC Public Health. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-27. 27p. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-157.
-Virginia Department of Education Division of Technology and Career Education office of Educational Technology, Cyberbullying and School Policy, Virginia Department of Education, August 2008, p. 1-6.
- Weinberg, George; Self Creation; St. Martin’s Press: New York; 1978
- Willard, Nancy M.S. J. D., Educator's Guide to Cyberbullying and Cyberthreats, Center for Safe and Responsible Internet Use, April 2007. p. 1-16
-Wolfsberg, Jeffrey S., Education Digest, Oct2006, Vol. 72, Issue 2