Course Learning Objectives/Outcomes
Counselor CEUs, Social Worker CEUs, Psychologist CEs, MFT CEUs
By the end of the course, the Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, Social Worker or Psychologist will be able to:
§1807.2. The coursework or training in child abuse assessment and reporting shall consist of not less than 7 classroom hours and shall include training in each of the subject areas described in Section 28 of the Code.
(1) Include the study of the assessment and method of reporting of sexual assault.icide Risk Assessment
-Name the four purposes of the CWS Program.
-Explain who must report Child Abuse & Neglect.
(2) Assessment and method of reporting of neglect, severe neglect, and general neglect
-Explain Severe Neglect.
(3) Assessment and method of reporting of willful cruelty or unjustifiable punishment
-Explain what can become a factor in a child abuse case.
(4) Assessment and method of reporting of corporal punishment or injury
-Explain what is not permitted in public schools, foster homes, group homes and other child caring institutions.
(5) Assessment and method of reporting of abuse in out=of-home care
-Name the four possible settings Children may live in out-of-home care.
(6) Physical and behavioral indicators
-Explain Severe Physical Abuse.
-Name the five signs of Physical Abuse.
-Name the seven Behavioural indicators of Child Abuse.
(7) Crisis counseling techniques
-Name the six Special Treatment Techniques that are effective crisis intervention in Child Abuse and Neglect.
(8) Community resources
-Explain what does community resource Child Abuse Councils provide.
(9) Rights and responsibilities of reporting
-Name the two reporting responsibilities of a Mandated Reporter.
-Child sexual abuse medical/evidentiary examinations have emerged as a new form of medical expertise. Some States have protocols for medical examiners to follow. Explain the purpose of the evaluation.
(10) Condequences of failure to report
-Explain who shall be punished by not more than 1 year in a county jail or by a fine of not more than $5,000, or both.
(11) Caring for a child's needs after a report is made and sensitivity to previously abused children and adults
-Explain what happens after a report is made.
(12) Implications and methods of treatment for children and adults
-Explain how well Is the CWS Program Performing.
-Name the four factors affecting the consequences of Child Abuse and Neglect.
-Explain how do the therapist address the scarring and permanent damage reminding the child of the maltreatment.
"The instructional level of this course is introductory, intermediate, or advanced depending on the learners clinical area of expertise."
CEU Continuing Education for
Counselor CEUs, Social Worker CEUs, Psychologist CEUs, MFT CEUs