- Adamski, Amy L.; Ryan, Mary E. Minimizing Female Bullying in Middle School Students through Anti-Bullying Programs. Online Submission. 2008 68 pp.
A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Publishers Weekly. 4/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 16, p73-73.
- Board of Education Commonwealth of Virginia. Model Policy to Address Bullying in Virginia's Public Schools. Virginia Board of Education, October 2013, p 1-48.
- Burkhart, Kimberly; Knox, Michele; Brockmyer, Jeanne. Pilot Evaluation of the ACT Raising Safe Kids Program on Children's Bullying Behavior. Journal of Child & Family Studies. Oct2013, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p942-951.
- Cohen-Posey, Kate MS LMHC LMFT. How to Handle Bullies, Teasers, and Other Meanies. Rainbow Books, Inc: Highland City, Florida; 1995.
- Cole, Joanna C. M.; Cornell, Dewey G.; Sheras, Peter. Identification of School Bullies by Survey Methods. Professional School Counseling, Apr2006, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p305-313.
- Cooper, Leigh; Nickerson, Amanda. Parent Retrospective Recollections of Bullying and Current Views, Concerns, and Strategies to Cope with Children's Bullying. Journal of Child & Family Studies. May2013, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p526-540.
- Cowie, Helen. Peer Support as an Intervention to Counteract School Bullying: Listen to the Children. Children & Society, Jul2011, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p287-292.
- Demaray, Michelle Kilpatrick; Malecki, Christine Kerres. Perceptions of the Frequency and Importance of Social Support by Students Classified as Victims, Bullies, and Bully/Victims in an Urban Middle School. School Psychology Review, 2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p471-489.
- De Shannon Lawrence, Tory. Bullying in Secondary Schools: Action Planning Using a Positive Behavior Intervention and Support Framework. American Secondary Education. Spring 2017, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p85-92. 8p.
- Dickerson, Constance. Bystander Intervention: Putting a Stop to Bullying. School Library Journal. Jan 2017, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p50-51. 2p.
- Donoghue, Christopher; Raia-Hawrylak, Alicia. Moving Beyond the Emphasis on Bullying: A Generalized Approach to Peer Aggression in High School. Children & Schools. Jan 2016, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p30-39. 10p.
- Egan, Luke A.; Todorov, Natasha. Forgiveness as a Coping Strategy to allow School Students to Deal with the Effects of Being Bullied: Theoretical and Empirical Discussion. Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology, January 2009, Vol 28 Issue 2, p198.
- Espelage, Dorothy L.; Swearer, Susan M. Research on School Bullying and Victimization: What Have We Learned and Where Do We Go from Here? School Psychology Review, 2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p365-383.
- Giannetti, Charlene and Margaret Sararese. Cliques: 8 Steps to Help your Child Survive the Social Jungle. Broadway Books: New York; 2001.
- Hall, Kimberly R. Using Problem-Based Learning with Victims of Bullying Behavior. Professional School Counseling, Feb2006, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p231-237.
- Hickner, John. It's Time to Screen for Bullying. Journal of Family Practice. Feb 2017, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p66-66. 1p.
- Hoder, Randye. Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking. Time.com. 10/25/2013, p1-1.
- Hollandsworth, Skip. Playground Rules. Texas Monthly, Jun 2011, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p74-81.
- How to Spot Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens: Guide for Parents. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013 Supplement, Vol. 29, p1-2.
- Macháčková, Hana; Dedkova, Lenka; Sevcikova, Anna; Cerna, Alena. Bystanders' Support of Cyberbullied Schoolmates. Journal of Community & Applied Social Psychology. Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p25-36.
- Maji, Somdeb; Bhattacharya, Saswati; Ghosh, Debasruti. Cognitive Coping and Psychological Problems among Bullied and Non-bullied Adolescents. Journal of Psychosocial Research. 2016, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p387-396. 10p.
- McLaughlin, Laura; Laux, John M.; Pescara-Kovach, Lisa. Using Multimedia to Reduce Bullying and Victimization in Third-Grade Urban Schools. Professional School Counseling, Dec2006, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p153-160.
- Menesini, Ersilia; Melan, Elena; Pignatti, Barbara. Interactional Styles of Bullies and Victims Observed in a Competitive and a Cooperative Setting. Journal of Genetic Psychology, Sep2000, Vol. 161 Issue 3, p261.
- Migliaccio, Todd; Raskauskas, Juliana. Small-Scale Bullying Prevention Discussion Video for Classrooms: A Preliminary Evaluation. Children & Schools. apr2013, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p71-81.
- Mishna, Faye. Learning Disabilities and Bullying: Double Jeopardy. Journal of Learning Disabilities, Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p336.
- Morrison, Charles T. "What Would You Do, What If It’s You?" Strategies to Deal With a Bully. Journal of School Health, April 2009, Vol 79 Issue 4, p201.
- Palladino, Benedetta E.; Nocentini, Annalaura; Menesini, Ersilia. Evidence-Based Intervention Against Bullying and Cyberbullying: Evaluation of the NoTrap! Program in Two Independent Trials. Aggressive Behavior. Mar/Apr 2016, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p194-206. 13p.
- Roberts, Jr., Walter B. The Bully as Victim: Understanding Bully Behaviors To Increase the Effectiveness of... Professional School Counseling, Dec2000, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p148.
- Rodkin, Philip C.; Hodges, Ernest V. E. Bullies and Victims in the Peer Ecology: Four Questions for Psychological and School Professionals. School Psychology Review, 2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p384-400.
- Russo, Francine. Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com. 11/15/2013, p1-1.
- Sapouna, Maria; Wolke, Dieter; Vannini, Natalie; Watson, Scott; Woods, Sarah; Schneider, Wolfgang; Enz, Sibylle; Hall, Lynne; Paiva, Ana; Andre, Elizabeth; Dautenhahn, Kerstin; Aylett, Ruth. Virtual Learning Intervention to Reduce Bullying Victimization in Primary School: A Controlled Trial. Journal of Child Psychology & Psychiatry, January 2010, Vol 51 Issue 1, p104.
- Shetgiri, Rashmi; Lin, Hua; Avila, Rosa M.; Flores, Glenn. Parental Characteristics Associated With Bullying Perpetration in US Children Aged 10 to 17 Years. American Journal of Public Health. Dec2012, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p2280-2286.
- Smith, Julianne. Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal. 5/15/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p61-61.
- Stopbullying.gov. Bullying Prevention and Reponse Base Training Module. Stopbullying.gov, p 1-109.
- Teasley, Martell L.; Nevarez, Lucinda. Awareness, Prevention, and Intervention for Elementary School Bullying: The Need for Social Responsibility. Children & Schools. Apr 2016, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p67-69. 3p.
- Timmons-Mitchell, Jane; Levesque, Deborah A.; Harris III, Leon A.; Flannery, Daniel J.; Falcone, Tatiana. Pilot Test of StandUp, an Online School-Based Bullying Prevention Program. Children & Schools. Apr 2016, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p71-79. 9p.
- Verlinden, Marina; Tiemeier, Henning; Veenstra, René; Mieloo, Cathelijne L.; Jansen, Wilma; Jaddoe, Vincent W. V.; Raat, Hein; Hofman, Albert; Verhulst, Frank C.; Jansen, Pauline W. Television Viewing through Ages 2-5 Years and Bullying Involvement in Early Elementary School. BMC Public Health. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-27.
- Winkler, Kathleen. Bullying: How to Deal with Taunting, Teasing, and Tormenting. Enslow Publishers, Inc.: Berkeley Heights, New Jersey; 2005.
Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd