Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Bradshaw, C. P. (2015). Translating research to practice in bullying prevention. American Psychologist, 70(4), 322–332.
Cunningham, C. E., Mapp, C., Rimas, H., Cunningham, L., Mielko, S., Vaillancourt, T., & Marcus, M. (2016). What limits the effectiveness of antibullying programs? A thematic analysis of the perspective of students. Psychology of Violence, 6(4), 596–606.
Espelage, D. L. (2016). Leveraging school-based research to inform bullying prevention and policy. American Psychologist, 71(8), 768–775.
Espelage, D. L., Van Ryzin, M. J., & Holt, M. K. (2018). Trajectories of bully perpetration across early adolescence: Static risk factors, dynamic covariates, and longitudinal outcomes. Psychology of Violence, 8(2), 141–150.
Haataja, A., Ahtola, A., Poskiparta, E., & Salmivalli, C. (2015). A process view on implementing an antibullying curriculum: How teachers differ and what explains the variation. School Psychology Quarterly, 30(4), 564–576.
Haltigan, J. D., & Vaillancourt, T. (2014). Joint trajectories of bullying and peer victimization across elementary and middle school and associations with symptoms of psychopathology. Developmental Psychology, 50(11), 2426–2436.
Olweus, D., & Limber, S. P. (2010). Bullying in school: Evaluation and dissemination of the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 80(1), 124–134.
Swearer, S. M., & Hymel, S. (2015).
Understanding the psychology of bullying: Moving toward a social-ecological diathesis–stress model. American Psychologist, 70
Veenstra, R., Lindenberg, S., Huitsing, G., Sainio, M., & Salmivalli, C. (2014). The role of teachers in bullying: The relation between antibullying attitudes, efficacy, and efforts to reduce bullying. Journal of Educational Psychology, 106(4), 1135–1143.
- Bullying Prevention and Response Base Training Module. (n.d.). Stopbullying.gov, 1-109.
- A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. (Apr 2014). Publishers Weekly, 261(16), 73-73.
- 2014 Bullying Prevention Report Best Practices, Findings, and Prevention Resources to Combat Bullying. (2014). The Office of Representative Sean Patrick Maloney. Retrieved from http://seanmaloney.house.gov
- Burkhart, K., Knox, M., & Brockmyer, J. (Oct 2013). Pilot Evaluation of the ACT Raising Safe Kids Program on Children's Bullying Behavior. Journal of Child & Family Studies, 22(7), 942-951.
- Cohen, O. B. S., Shahar, G., & Brunstein Klomek, A. (Aug 16 , 2019). Peer victimization, coping strategies, depression, and suicidal ideation among young adolescents. Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention.
- Cohen-Posey, K., MS. (1995). How to Handle Bullies, Teasers, and Other Meanies. Highland City, Florida: Rainbow Books, Inc.
- Cole, J. C., Cornell, D. G., & Sheras, P. (2006). Identification of School Bullies by Survey Methods. Professional School Counseling, 9(4), 305-313. doi:10.1177/2156759x0500900417
- Cooper, L., & Nickerson, A. (May 2013). Parent Retrospective Recollections of Bullying and Current Views, Concerns, and Strategies to Cope with Children's Bullying. Journal of Child & Family Studies, 22(4), 526-540.
- Demaray, M. K., & Malecki, C. K. (2003). Perceptions of the Frequency and Importance of Social Support by Students Classified as Victims, Bullies, and Bully/Victims in an Urban Middle School. School Psychology Review, 32(3), 471-489.
- De Shannon, L., T. (Spring 2017). Bullying in Secondary Schools: Action Planning Using a Positive Behavior Intervention and Support Framework. American Secondary Education, 45(2), 85-92.
- Dickerson, C. (Jan 2017). Bystander Intervention: Putting a Stop to Bullying. School Library Journal, 63(1), 50-51.
- Donoghue, C., Almeida, A., Brandwein, D., Rocha, G., & Callahan, I. (Nov 2014). Coping with Verbal and Social Bullying in Middle School. The International Journal of Emotional Education, 1-14.
- Douglass, S., Mirpuri, S., English, D., & Yip, T. (Jan 2016). “They Were Just Making Jokes”: Ethnic/Racial Teasing and Discrimination Among Adolescents. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology, 22(1), 69-82.
- Egan, L. A., & Todorov, N. (Jan 2009). Forgiveness As A Coping Strategy To Allow School Students To Deal With The Effects Of Being Bullied: Theoretical and Empirical Discussion. Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology, 28(2), 198.
- Espelage, D. L., & Swearer, S. M. (2003). Research On School Bullying and Victimization: What Have We Learned And Where Do We Go From Here? School Psychology Review, 32(3), 365-383. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1153&context=edpsychpapers
- Giannetti, C., & Sararese, M. ( 2001). Cliques: 8 Steps to Help your Child Survive the Social Jungle. New York: Broadway Books.
- Gini, G., Thornberg, R., & Pozzoli, T. (Jan 2020). Individual Moral Disengagement and Bystander Behavior in Bullying: The Role of Moral Distress and Collective Moral Disengagement. Psychology of Violence, 10(1), 38-47.
- Guide for Preventing and Respoding to School Violence. (n.d.). International Association of Chiefs of Police. Bureau of Justice Assistance.
- Hall, K. R. (2006). Using Program-Based Learning With Victims of Bullying Behavior. Professional School Counseling, 9(3), 231-237. Retrieved from https://www.schoolcounselor.org/asca/media/asca/home/HallVol9No3.pdf
- Hickner, J. (Feb 2017). It's Time to Screen for Bullying. Journal of Family Practice, 66(2), 66.
- Hoder, R. (Oct 2013). Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking. Time.com, 1.
- How to Spot Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens: Guide for Parents. (May 2013). Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter.Supplement, 29, 1-2.
- Klinck, M., Vannucci, A., Fagle, T., & Ohannessian, C. M. (Feb 2020). Appearance-Related Teasing and Substance Use During Early Adolescence. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors.
- Maji, S., Bhattacharya, S., & Ghosh, D. (2016) Cognitive Coping and Psychological Problems Among Bullied and Non-bullied Adolescents. Journal of Psychosocial Research. 11(2), 387-396.
- McLaughlin, L., Laux, J. M., & Pescara-Kovach, L. (Dec 2006). Using Multimedia to Reduce Bullying and Victimization in Third-Grade Urban Schools. Professional School Counseling, 10(2), 153-160
- Menesini, E., Melan, E., & Pignatti, B. (Sep 2000). Interactional Styles of Bullies and Victims Observed in a Competitive and a Cooperative Setting. Journal of Genetic Psychology, 161(3), 261.
- Migliaccio, T., & Raskauskas, J. (Apr 2013). Small-Scale Bullying Prevention Discussion Video for Classrooms: A Preliminary Evaluation. Children & Schools, 35(2), 71-81.
- Mishna, F. (2003). Learning Disabilities and Bullying. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 36(4), 336-347. doi:10.1177/00222194030360040501
- Model Policy to Address Bullying in Virginia's Public Schools. (Oct 2013).Board of Education Commonwealth of Virginia. Virginia Board of Education, 1-48.
- Morrison, C. T. (Apr 2009). What Would You Do, What If It’s You? Strategies to Deal With a Bully. Journal of School Health, 79(4), 201.
- The Relationship Between Bullying and Suicide: What We Know and What it Means for Schools. (Apr 2014). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Center for Injury Prevention and Control Division of Violence Prevention, 1-9.
- Palladino, Benedetta E.; Nocentini, Annalaura; Menesini, Ersilia. Evidence-based intervention against bullying and cyberbullying: Evaluation of the NoTrap! program in two independent trials. Aggressive Behavior. Mar/Apr 2016, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p194-206. 13p.
- Rambaran, J. A., van Duijn, M. A. J., Dijkstra, J. K., & Veenstra, R. (Dec 2019). Stability and Change in Student Classroom Composition and its Impact on Peer Victimization. Journal of Educational Psychology.
- Roberts, W. B., Jr., & Morotti, A. A. (2000). The Bully as Victim: Understanding Bully Behaviors to Increase the Effectiveness of Interventions in the Bully-Victim Dad. Professional School Counseling, 4(2), 148-155. Retrieved from https://www.jstor.org/stable/42732181?seq=1#metadata_info_tab_contents
- Rodkin, P. C., & Hodges, E. V. (2003). Bullies and Victims in the Peer Ecology: Four Questions for Psychologists and School Professionals. School Psychology Review, 32(3), 384-400. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ernest_Hodges/publication/245590342_Bullies_and_Victims_in_the_Peer_Ecology_Four_Questions_for_Psychologists_and_School_Professionals/links/0f3175367ed09ed019000000/Bullies-and-Victims-in-the-Peer-Ecology-Four-Questions-for-Psychologists-and-School-Professionals.pdf
- Russo, F. (Nov 2013). Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com, 1.
- Sapouna, M., Wolke, D., Vannini, N., Watson, S., Woods, S., Schneider, W., Enz, S., Hall, L., Paiva, A., Andre, E., Dautenhahn, K., & Aylett, R. (Jan 2010). Virtual Learning Intervention to Reduce Bullying Victimization in Primary school: a Controlled Trial. Journal of Child Psychology & Psychiatry, 51(1), 104.
- Shetgiri, R., MD., Hua L., Ph.D., Avila, R. M. MSPH., & Flores, G., MD. (Dec 2012). Parental Characteristics Associated With Bullying Perpetration in US Children Aged 10 to 17 Years. American Journal of Public Health, 102(12), 2280-2286.
- Smith, J. (May 2014). Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal, 139(9), 61-61.
- Teasley, M. L., & Nevarez, L. (Apr 2016). Awareness, Prevention, and Intervention for Elementary School Bullying: The Need for Social Responsibility. Children & Schools, 38(2), 67-69.
- Timmons-Mitchell, J., Levesque, D. A., Harris III, L. A., Flannery, D. J., & Falcone, T. (Apr 2016). Pilot Test of StandUp, an Online School-Based Bullying Prevention Program. Children & Schools, 38(2), 71-79.
- Verlinden, M., Tiemeier, H., Veenstra, R., Mieloo, C. L., Jansen, W., Jaddoe, V. W. V., Raat, H., Hofman, A., Verhulst, F. C., & Jansen, P. W. (2014). Television Viewing Through Ages 2-5 Years And Bullying Involvement in Early Elementary School. BMC Public Health, 14(1), 1-27.
- Winkler, K., (2005). Bullying: How to Deal with Taunting, Teasing, and Tormenting. Berkeley Heights, New Jersey: Enslow Publishers, Inc.
- Yang, C., Sharkey, J. D., Reed, L. A., & Dowdy, E. (Mar 2020). Cyberbullying Victimization and Student Engagement Among adolescents: Does School Climate Matter? School Psychology, 35(2), 158-169.
- Zhao, X., & Selman, R. L. (Feb 2020). Bystanders’ Responsibilities in a Situation of Teasing: A Dual Dynamic analysis (DDA) for Understanding Culture, Context, and Youth Moral Development. Qualitative Psychology, 7(1), 1-22.